HIGH-QUALITY LAB/PRECISION BALANCES
Precision laboratory balances (also called top-loading balances) are scales designed to offer highly accurate results within the sub-milligram range when measuring small samples. Precision balances provide an accurate, quick, and easy method for determining the weight of items such as particulate matter. Electronic precision balances offer a wide range of weighing capacities, with maximum capacities of up to 64 kg.
Precision balances produce steady readings in a greater range of environmental conditions than other balances, which require specific conditions to ensure accurate readings. Precision balances are less sensitive to temperature fluctuations and air currents, making them a preferred measuring method.
While most common in the chemistry industry, many industries rely on precision balances—including the research, quality control, pharmaceutical, chemical, food, education, and textile industries.
Common applications include:
- Lab Precision and Analytical Weighing
- Dynamic Weighing
- Density Measurement
- Differential Measurement
- Filter Weighing
- Interval Weighing
- Mass Comparison
- Hazardous Area Weighing
- Test Weight Verification
If you work in a laboratory, you know that cleanliness significantly impacts safety. Proper maintenance can minimize cross-contamination risk, enhance user safety, increase operating reliability, and reduce equipment failure rates.
There are 6 steps to maintaining a clean balance:
- Understand that cleansing is essential
- Determine which cleansing agents to use
- Schedule a time to clean the balance
- Perform balance cleansing procedures
- Clean weighing instruments
- Avoid soiling the balances
For more tips on cleaning balances and precision equipment, download the “8 Steps to a Clean Balance” guide.
Precision Equipment Features
- A focus on comfort and ergonomic operation, easy cleaning, efficiency, and reliability
- An emphasis on stable and reliable results in all conditions
- Features including self-adjusting and overload protection
Your Precision Equipment Partners
Lab/Precision Balance Information & Resources
Let our experts at System Scale help you find the right industrial scale or lab balance for your operation.
Contact us to learn more from one of our dedicated sales engineers.