Field Service Tech Job Description
Currently Hiring in the Following Locations:
- Nashville, TN
- Indianapolis, IN
- Baton Rouge, LA
LOOKING FOR A LONG-TERM CAREER?
This position will frequently interact with management while having the ability to work independently. Job duties will include maintenance, calibration, and/or repair of industrial scales.
- Must have a strong work ethic, neat appearance, and the ability to work unsupervised.
- Must be punctual, hard-working, and have a willingness to learn.
- Must be physically able to lift 50 to 100 pounds on a daily basis.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills required.
- Basic computer & tablet skills required (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, use of tablets, etc).
- Must be organized, efficient, and detail-oriented.
- Able to handle multiple projects while following a clear set of instructions.
- Must be willing to visit customer sites and further develop business in the region.
- Knowledge of basic electrical concepts and mechanical experience are required.
- Prior experience in similar field or technical degree strongly recommended. Additional training will also be provided.
- Must have a clean driving record and possess (or obtain within first 90 days) a CDL. Daily travel within a two-hour radius will be expected.
- Must pass a background check and drug screening prior to start.
System Scale Corporation is a 100% employee-owned company and an industry leader in providing weighing, counting, and precision calibration products and services. Base pay for an entry-level service technician is hourly plus bonus, overtime, and industry leading benefits. Benefits include a 100% employer funded retirement (approximately 15% of salary on average), paid-time off, health, dental, disability, life insurance, and use of a company vehicle after training period.
Positions for experienced technicians also available with pay dependent on experience.